A pressure washing business, or any other business for that matter, will require strategy, marketing, equipment and in now days, the right pressure washing software.
There are two ways to get started with your pressure washing business – You can either purchase a pre-existing one on Craigslist, or you can invest in the equipment and start it from scratch. We personally prefer starting from scratch because it not only gives me more control over the brand of my company but also because I don’t have to deal with owners looking for buyers.
If you want to start your side hustle right, here are some tips that can help you get started:
- Make sure to start this business with a good brand. Get ready for the customers to ask about your company name. The last thing you need is customers calling you by the wrong company name.
- Get the right equipment first. If you’re starting from scratch, then it’s pretty obvious that you should invest in the right equipment first. Don’t end up getting equipment that breaks down because you can’t fix or maintain them right.
- Make sure to check your local business regulations before starting this business. There are some places where pressure washing isn’t allowed or where you need to apply for licenses before doing so.
- Get insurance for this business. It’s an investment.
How To Successfully Grow Your New Pressure Washing Business
The very first thing you need to do is to start advertising your services. You can run online ads if you have budget but first you would need to get a website designed that is built for sales and conversions.
Aside from that, you can also approach local businesses with your company’s fliers and business cards. But before doing so, make sure to perfect your sales pitch.
Another way to market is by writing blog posts on the topic of pressure washing. This way, you’ll not only be able to reach more customers but also position yourself as an authority figure in the industry. Nowadays, most people turn to Google for their knowledge needs.
Using Software To Manage Your Jobs & Bookings
If you’re planning to take this business seriously, then you should definitely use field service software to manage your jobs and bookings. Your software can help you scale your business by automating tasks and providing better customer service. Here is a list of benefits you’ll get when using field service software:
- Saves Time and Money – You won’t have to spend all day answering the phone and looking at the schedule when using this software, software like fieldd for example. This will free up your time so that you can focus on other things such as growing your business and not just managing it.
- Organization – You can organize your business in such a way that you can easily prioritize which customers need to be serviced first. Making sure customers are happy is one of the most important goals in running a business because without customers, you won’t have a business.
- Reviews and feedback – You can use this software to collect information from your customers such as the quality of work and how you performed. This will allow you to improve on your business.
- Automate – Through the use of apps, online bookings, accounting integrations and more, will allow you to streamline your new pressure washing business, rapidly and effectively.
If you’re planning to get started with a pressure washing business, then it’s important that you get the right equipment and start advertising for clients. Don’t forget to check your local regulations before starting either because there are some places where pressure washing isn’t allowed or requires permits and licenses before doing so.
How to Price Your Pressure Washing Call Outs
There are a few ways to price your pressure washing call outs. Price per hour is one of them and you can price your call outs by the size of the jobs. As for pricing your pressure washing call outs, it’s important that you charge enough but not more than customers would usually pay. To make sure you’re charging enough, find out what customers pay for their services and adjust your prices accordingly.
One more thing that will help you determine how much to charge is to first know how much a minimum wage worker makes in general. Then, just multiply this amount by how many hours they will work on a daily basis or weekly basis.
As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to charge between 10 and 20% less than the lowest bid that you will get from a customer. There are some customers who can find a higher price elsewhere, but just because they can find a higher price doesn’t mean that they will. Simplifying your pricing is one of the ways to stop people from finding cheaper prices elsewhere. The simplest form of pricing would be to use a fixed price strategy. This gives your customers the exact price for the exact service they are choosing. Implementing this pricing strategy will allow you to save a lot of admin downstream of the job.
One thing we should mention before you go off and start your pressure washing business is that you need to be agile. Let the market tell you what the right pricing is, or how you should advertise etc. Now go out, start your pressure washing business and your 7 day free trial on fieldd to see how easy it is to automate and grow.